When it comes to straightening your teeth for a more confident smile, the end result is more or less the same when using either regular metal braces or the Invisalign system. However, many people prefer the latter for many reasons. The Invisalign system uses a combination of advanced 3D computer imaging technology and a series of clear aligners to gently and steadily move your teeth to the ideal position.
One of the biggest challenges of metal braces is the need to adopt new techniques to clean your teeth. You need special devices to floss, and you take more time than usual when brushing, which can be inconvenient. With Invisalign, you simply remove the aligners to brush your teeth, clean them, and then replace them in your mouth. This drastically reduces the risk of cavities or damage.
Here are another 5 benefits of Invisalign compared to regular braces:
- Discrete – The aligners are made from clear plastic that is virtually invisible. This means that you can carry on with your normal routine while improving your smile, all without having to endure the embarrassment of wearing metal braces.
- Eat normally – Invisalign aligners are removable, which means that you can continue to eat your favorite dishes. Once done, simply clean your teeth and mouth and place them back in.
- Low risk of injury – Invisalign is a more comfortable orthodontic treatment compared to regular metal braces. There are no brackets or wires that will pop free and injure (cut or scrape) your gums, lips, or tongue. There is no risk of wires popping when chewing unexpectedly hard foods.
- Maintain an active lifestyle – When participating in sports, you can simply remove your aligners and wear a mouthguard to protect your teeth or mouth. Depending on the sport, you can even choose to keep them in if there’s no risk of damage.
- Play wind instruments – You can continue playing your wind instrument while undergoing your Invisalign treatment.
Ultimately, Invisalign gives you the flexibility to continue with your normal activities, uninterrupted, while improving your smile for greater confidence, self-esteem, and overall happiness. Please consult your dentist in Valencia, CA to determine if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign.